..if you want to be given everything, give everything up..

Friday, October 14, 2005

Moulin Rouge..

Now i realise i'm probably going to get chastised for writing this, because i was really bored when i watched Moulin Rouge. But anyway, a few nights ago i sat down with a friend and watch maybe 50 minutes of Moulin Rouge, and i have to say, it was really boring. I did want to claw my eyes out because well i really didn't understand very much of it, it was THAT confusing to me. But then thursday during the day something was eating at me, telling me that i should watch it. Why not eh? Just a movie..then TDI came. And we got on the topic of Love again and throughout the night being told when God loves us, its almost good enough for him when we love someone else and all that stuff Amy said. And so last night, at about 1am, i started Limewire and downloaded Moulin Rouge to watch the rest. And i ended up watching the entire thing. And i was dumbfounded. What an amazing concept. We join a character (Christian) who is so in love with (Satine) that nothing else seems to matter to him. He says, "All you need is love" and corny movie lyrics like, "Love lift us up where we belong, where eagles fly, on a mountain high." And so on and so forth. But what caught my eye the other night when i watched it for the first time, and at TDI and when i watched it again was he says All you need is Love. Say it to yourself, ALL you need is LOVE. Thats it. Done. Everything. All. Thats IT! Only love. Nothing more. Wow. But as true as that is..a very important life lesson comes shortly after.. when he says, "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Nearing the end of the movie, i knew what was coming (i had been pre warned). The girl dies, and the guy, that same guy who would do anything for love, is left with only his story to tell. And if you DONT want to know how this movie ends. Stop reading

Christian: I love you
Satine: You've got to go on Christian
Christian: Can't go on without you.
Satine: You've got so much to give; tell your story Christian
Christian: No
Satine: Yes, promise me, promise me
Christian: No
Satine: Yes, that way, I'll always be with you

That way, i'll always be with you.

I must apologise to my friend whom i first watched this with. At first i thought this movie was incredibly pointless and not worth my time. I just wasn't interested in hearing 2 hours about some guy who loves another girl yada yada yada. But then with everything mixed in, TDI and all..i had to watch it. And it all hit me at once. I dono, people reading this might think it's a huge ramble so i'm just going to end off with one simple quote to sum it all up,

All you need...is Love. GOD'S LOVE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home