..if you want to be given everything, give everything up..

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

"turn that off"

So i work at a Shoppers Drug Mart, here in Toronto, and one of the most annoying things at work is the choice of music played over the P.A. it's usually either really slow and bland or is someone i've never even heard about (Re: Avril Lavigne, lol jk jk)...except for this one song.. everyday they play "I can only imagine" once. And, although once is not nearly enough to get the message through the people, it's enough to lift my spirits every morning. Just being able to zone out into my own world and think about my life as a Christian while asking a customer if they have an Optimum card is something i truly cherrish and will never take for granted. A few mornings ago though, the song came on, so i decided to play it over the phones loudspeaker too so it would be close to my own ears as well, unfortunately, my supervisor does not see the song the same way i do.
"Turn that off" she remarked. and now i was faced with a dilemna, u see, either i listen to my boss, so to speak, or i listen to my Father in heaven, and keep it on. God didn't want me to turn down the song, so i didn't. I just pretended like i didn't hear what she was asking, and basically ignored her request. Not the smartest thing to do in a job setting, but still. It was worth it. It might take weeks it might takes months but one morning someone, wether it be a staff member or a customer will really listen to the words, and it will move them. I believe it, and so every morning i shall turn up the speaker right next to my cash register and let it play. yea, turn that off? Not gona happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home