..if you want to be given everything, give everything up..

Sunday, July 31, 2005

You can sit down in front of me..

So..yesterday the new batch of campers came in,. and i was feeling quite down with myself. I dono why and i dono how, i just wasn't in the right frame of mind. Anyway, in walked the first few cabins for lice checks. Nothing, everyone was fine. And then in walked cabin 6 and i raised my arm in a hail-taxi type thing to get a kid over to me to check his head and over walked a bright eyed Joey, i'm guessing..7 or 8. So i said to Joey, "you can sit down in front of me" and as i said this, i crouched onto a sitting position behind a bench on the floor. So joey looked at the floor and sat down on the floor opposite me beside the bench. And i couldnt help crack out laughing. I said, no Joey, on the bench. And he looked up at me with utter confusion, and moved onto the bench. Oh the innocence of a cabin 6er. Anyway, that kinda made my day yesterday, and got me into the right frame of mind!

1 Comments:

  • Hey pal
    Its cool to hear your still working for the ol salvation army summer camps

    One day we will have to work together again, even if were 70 years old and the rest of the staff is 18, one day man....

    donkey and goat will ride again, off into the sunset

    By Blogger Skoch, at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home