..if you want to be given everything, give everything up..

Friday, July 29, 2005

You'll never know unless you try..alriiiight

Oh boy. Camp is..well..underway..
4 weeks down. 4! Not 1, 2 or 3. But 4. And by 4 i mean 5. Just realised, wasn't really countnig Orientation week. I've had my ups..like climbing "UP" the rock wall..haha i joke. And my downs..like spraining my wrist the other night diving over the finish line in potato sack races. See, normally jumping as i did would have landed me on my feet. But, i seem to have forgotten that my feet were still in a bag. So i desperately tried to find the ground with my feet but to no avail, so i landed on my wrist instead. Oh the pain. Yea. Oh and today i kinda explored Toronto a little bit..and went to future shop and bought a digital camera. I still dont know how to use it or anything, but i have it! Happy happy joy joy! Woot? Is that the right word..not sure. Anyway, umm
i guess its that time of the summer to recall my favourite memory so far. This goes back to the little energetic Jacob in cabin 6 during either the first or second week of camp. No, the first. This kid had the most energy ive EVER seen in a 7 year old. So one day i'm sitting on the porch of cabin 6, and he walks up to me and starts reading "The Salvation Army" on my sleeve. So i said to him, know what the Salvation Army means? HE said camps. Alright..so i asked him..know what this means (in reference to my shirt which had the word "Saved" scrolled across it.) So he explained about how you save someone. And so i asked him if he knew who Jesus was. And so he started telling em about Moses and hitting the rock and water coming out. No Jacob, that was Moses. And so i told him about Jesus saving our sins. And all the wonderful jazz. And i told him finalyl, "I wear this shirt for Jesus". And he looks at his shirt, grabs it and says "I wear this shirt for Jesus too! It's a dragon. he likes those"
Anyway, that was Jacob, good kid. Anyway, i should go. I'll blog again sometime

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home