..if you want to be given everything, give everything up..

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Camp is Over


So the sun has finally set on the camping season this year. It's done, finished, caputz. And at first i knew exactly how i felt about this, absolutely overjoyed. For the first few weeks of camp i was enjoying it, really loving the rollercoaster. But then i got into a lull and kinda was just wishing and hoping for the camping season to be over! I couldn't wait. But then this week, with the seashell girl and then what happened last night really made me realise the true reason i was meant to be at camp. Snooze came up to me and told that 12 out of 12 of her girls accepted Jesus into their hearts, which i thought was awesome. But it didn't hit me until all 12 of them came up to tell me so i offered them high fives. But then i stopped. Forget that i said, and told them all to give me a group hug and it just felt amazing to be surrounded by all these children. And then thats when it hit me again, i was at camp for the wrong reasons i think, and now it's the end of the summer and i cant go back and change anything but im just glad that i realised that its all about the kids, and next year, if their is a next year...i wanna come back for the right reasons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home