..if you want to be given everything, give everything up..

Friday, August 26, 2005

Temptations

So, we had the banquet tonight. That was ok even though the meat was very rare. And then we all went to Club Freshie for some words and some songs and a slideshow. When Mark got up to talk something suddenly didnt feel so good. He started talking, and about a verse, can't remmeber what it was. What stuck with me most is when Mark said that we'll be tempted when we get home, tempted by the same old things that tempted us before we left. And i realised, i know want to be the same angry person i was when i left home, i DONT want that person coming back to tempt me. And this scares me because i'm not a strong person and i dont want to have to face that ij ust wish i could ignore it completely. I guess what i'm asking is for some prayer that i can succeed past the same old things and not let them get to me or bug me and just to overcome everything that haunts me when i get home. Thanks.

2 Comments:

  • Ian,

    I'm praying for you. You have more strength that you may think. Just writing about it shows me how strong you are.

    Your friend,

    Natalie =)

    By Blogger Natalie Jill, at 12:19 PM  

  • Hey Ian,

    I totally understand what you're going through, trying to overcome being an angry person, because I'm in the same place right now. I'm sure you'll get through it, but if you ever need somebody to lean on, know that there are a lot of people who'll be there for you (myself included). Stay strong.

    Heather (H, not M)
    Btw, snekky_@hotmail.com (in case you ever need to talk, vent, anything)

    By Blogger .heather., at 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home