..if you want to be given everything, give everything up..

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Getting a raise..

So, looks like i'm finally getting that raise i've been hankering for. I've worked at Shoppers now for 2 years and i'm making $8.50 and hour. A dollar up from 2 years ago..thats a little ridiculous, lol. So finally today i decided i was going to do something about it. I wrote a note to the owner and just explained everything, about how i'd been contemplating searching for a higher paying job but that i thought i'd give Shoppers the chance to give me a bit more because i need to pay for school.
I'm not the confrontational type. I thought haha i'll give it to him and leave, SIMPLE! But for some reason my feet wouldn't move so i ended up standing in front of the counter (he's the pharmacist) as he read my note. He smiled at the "threat" i made..(it was a joke, good one too ask me i'll tell it to you). Anyway he looked at me and said, don't worry, i'll look after it. So for him that pretty much means by Tuesday i'll be making some more money. I don't know how much more, it might be .05 cents. Oh well, i'll update Tuesday or Friday when i get my pay stub to let y'all know what happened!

2 Comments:

  • Hee hee. Fil still has your blanket. I saw it. and I was like ...oo Austin, I remember him. that's exciting. You're cool. or at least somewhat.

    By Blogger Toes, at 9:30 PM  

  • Way to stick it to the man Ian!!

    I'm proud of you!

    By Blogger Natalie Jill, at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home