..if you want to be given everything, give everything up..

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Bad Day

an interesting thing happened today.
Well, it kinda coincides with last night. On the way home from Wendy's with jordan and ray jordan asked who sang the song, "bad day". Never having heard of the song before, i brushed it off as an i don't know..knowing full well i'd either check that night or today. Those kind of questions bug me. Like things i don't know, i think it's like an inferiority complex or something. So this afternoon i googled it..and came up with Bad Day, by David Powter.

See lyrics here: http://www.letssingit.com/?/daniel-powter-bad-day-jcs62pq.html

One line caught my attention: So where is the passion when you need it the most?

That got me thinking. Where is MY passion where i need it the most? Is it in the bible? I don't know. Is it in prayer? I don't know. All i know is it's in God. But sometimes knowing something you need is in God isn't enough. Often throughout life we just tag the whole, when i need him i can just turn to God. If i don't need it tohugh, he can just wait. That's not fair people, God doesn't want us to come to him when we need him most. He wants us to come to him ALL THE TIME.

So i came to a conclusion...recently i've been in a lull. And i couldn't figure out why. Like i couldnt seem to get happy. And i realised, i AM happy i just don't know it. I'm too busy waiting for the lull to happen so that God can help me fix it! Then, when i have a good day i'm just waiting for the lull. I should start praising GOD for good days too! Forget waiting for a bad day to pray to him, why not pray in joy. Pray becaues i'm happy! I can't expect a good day to go bad, or IT WILL.

If i take this one day at a time, thank God for the good uns and pray to God because of the stress of the bad uns..i'm taking the right steps. But let me ask you this..

Where is the passion when YOU need it most?

1 Comments:

  • I feel the same way sometimes.

    I remember the first time I heard that song. It was when I got back from the DR and I was having a hard time getting back to "regular life." "Where is the passion when you need it the most," really struck me then. My problem was that my passion was changing and I was trying to re-discover it.

    Anyway, that's my two pesos.

    Have a great day!

    By Blogger Natalie Jill, at 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home