..if you want to be given everything, give everything up..

Monday, December 06, 2004

"we all SMILE the same language"

That would be a quote from this CD i got for Christian Outreach International. What hit me the most about that quote is not what it says, but what it means. Yesterday i had the very interesting experience. I was with a small section of the SSB, (scarb senior band), and we went to this Pentecostal church thingy for a English/Korean service dealy...and one of my fave songs was sung..here at the lyrics:


You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking You as a precious jewel
Lord to give up, I’d be a fool
You are my all in all

Jesus, Lamb of God, worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God, worthy is Your name

Taking my sin, my cross, my shame
Rising again, I bless Your name
You are my all in all
When I fall down, You pick me up
When I am dry, You fill my cup
You are my all in all

Ok, i know what you're thinking, ooooooh they sang a song, big whoop. Well, they sang it in Korean. I was moved beyond words, because like "we all SMILE in the same language", its "We all Love God in the same language", easy as that. wether it be English, French, Korean, American,lol, we all Love God just as much. And just hearing those words Belted out in Korean was amazing. Admitedly i didn't know what words they were singing, but the melody and the "Jesus (pronounced Je-zu)" part, kept me going. Then for the second verse the Koreans sang english. Which was interesting, cuz they didnt know how to very well. But it was still quite the thing!

Also at the same service we had the..joy...of listening to a blind man play his trumpet. At first i kind of jested at the idea because how does he know what music to play, lol. But wow. Not only did he play all the right notes (despite some failed attempts at a high HIGH C), but he played better than most cornet players can who can SEE their music. And that kind of moved me into thinking Never give up is right. Never let obstacles get in ur way no matter how big they may be. Here is a man with no vision belting out the lords message in the only way he can. And then he dropped his mouthpiece. And climbed on the floor to find it. I tried not to laugh, but honestly, would you be able to not laugh? I doubt it. neway, good service. Be talkin' to y'all soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home